1. On Location And Behind The Scenes Of The 12th “Duel Chef Showdown!”
Junction Executive Chef Melissa Close-Hart topped Tastings Executive Chef Michael Berry, 204-96, in the 12th “Duel Chef Showdown” to advance to the Final Four where she will face Tavern & Grocery Executive Chef David Morgan in a clash of epic proportions!
2. Melissa Close-Hart’s First Dish: Mexicoke-Coffee BBQ Glazed Jumbo Shrimp, Plantain, Baby Romaine Hearts, Corn Salad With Cilantro-Buttermilk Dressing
3. Michael Berry’s First Dish: Sautéed Scallop With Citrus Coffee Beurre, Mole Rojo And Corn Bunuelo (Fritter) Carmelized Onions
4. Melissa Close-Hart’s Second Dish: Coffee Brined Roasted Chicken Thigh, Peruvian Style, Tangy Salsa Verde, Coconut Rice-Chihuahua Cheese Fritter And Chili-Lime Dusted Parsnip Ribbons
5. Michael Berry’s Second Dish: Chicken Confit And Goat Cheese Spring Roll, Coffee Cherry And Balsamic Vinaigrette With Mixed Endive Salad
6. Melissa Close-Hart’s Third Dish: Duck Fat Poached & Cowgirl Spiced Rubbed Dry Aged Ribeye, Coffee Demi Glace, Ancho Mashed Potatoes, Haricort Vert And Deckle Lardons
7. Michael Berry’s Third Dish: Sumatra Rubbed Brisket Lightly Smoked And Braised, Parsnip And Potato Puree, Bacon Buttered Brioche, Grilled Chicory With Tanzania Coffee Reduction
8. Melissa Close-Hart’s Fourth Dish: Dark Chocolate Coffee Rum Cake, Coffee Ice Cream, Mocha Whipped Cream And Coffee Bean Brittle
9. Michael Berry’s Fourth Dish: Layered Coffee Cake: Hazelnut Espresso Torte, Mascarpone Mousse, Chocolate Coffee Bean Streusel, Java Mocha Cream And Macerated Strawberries
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy 15 Great Places To Enjoy Some Oysters In Charlottesville, Virginia! and 14 Reasons To Try Tilman’s On The Charlottesville Downtown Mall!.
At Scoutology, we scout your city so you don’t have to. You’re going to love the Scoutology Network.