Make your reservations now for the next “Duel Chef Showdown” featuring Executive Chef Melissa Close-Hart of Junction Restaurant vs. Executive Chef Matthew Hart of The Local Restaurant on Monday, May 8 at Tin Whistle Irish Pub located on Market Street. There are reservations available for the 6 pm and 8 pm seatings. Call (434) 202-8387 to book your reservations for Monday, May 8! This will be THE BEST “Duel Chef Showdown” yet!
1. Executive Chef Melissa Close-Hart, Junction Restaurant
Executive Chef Melissa Close-Hart and her staff’s commitment to excellence have earned her induction in the Chaine des Rôtisseurs and five invitations to create dinners at the world renowned James Beard House in New York City. The James Beard Organization has also recognized Chef Melissa as a semi-finalist for “Best Chef of the Mid-Atlantic” on four different occasions. Chef Melissa’s new restaurant, Junction, which is located across from The Local in Belmont, has opened to fantastic reviews. Junction is perfect for an intimate dinner for two or a wedding rehearsal soiree!
2. Executive Chef Matthew Hart, The Local Restaurant
Matthew Hart has been the executive chef of The Local Restaurant since it opened in 2008. He previously worked with the chefs at C&O Restaurant and The Ivy Inn before launching The Local Restaurant, one of the most popular and successful restaurants in Charlottesville! On Monday, May 8, Chef Matthew will go toe-to-toe with his wife, Executive Chef Melissa Close-Hart of Junction Restaurant.
3. The “Duel Chef Showdown” Competition Will Center Around One Common Ingredient: Three Notch’d Brewery Beer!!
Chef Matthew and Chef Melissa will use all of their culinary expertise to prepare delicious food with the common ingredient being Three Notch’d Brewery beer! Three Notch’d Brewery is one of the best breweries on the East Coast!
4. Each Chef Will Prepare Four Courses For The Patrons (that’s 8 total dishes you will eat!)
Each chef will create four small plates. That’s a total of eight courses for you to enjoy. Seriously, this is the best deal in CVille and features two of Charlottesville’s most talented chefs!
5. You Decide And You Vote The Winning Chef!
Each guest will be able to cast a vote to determine the winning chef. The chef with the most votes will win the “Duel Chef Showdown!” Your vote matters, so book your reservations now!
6. 10% Of The Proceeds Go To Charity
10% of sales from the “Duel Chef Showdown” will go to March of Dimes! That means you can enjoy eight dishes and delicious beer all while supporting one of the best charities around. It does not get much better than that!
7. It’s Located At Tin Whistle Irish Pub On Market Street!
Tin Whistle offers one of the best settings in Charlottesville and is conveniently located right across from the Market Street Parking Garage!
8. One Night, Two Seatings, Reserve Your Spot Now!
Be sure to book your reservation early before all the seats are taken! There will be seatings at 6 pm and at 8 pm. You’re not going to want to miss this night!
9. There’s A Full Bar For Your Enjoyment!
The bar at Tin Whistle Irish Pub is fully-stocked. There will be Three Notch’d beer pairings to accompany the courses for those who desire.
10. It’s Only $60 Per Person
For $60, you get eight amazing dishes from two great Charlottesville chefs! It’s $65 with the beer pairing, which comes with four glasses of beer. The overall value offered here is tremendous!
11. You Need To Reserve Your Spot NOW!
Seats will fill up quickly, so call 434-202-8387 to reserve your spot.
At Scoutology, we scout your city so you don’t have to. You’re going to love the Scoutology Network.
Jerry Miller, Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, Publisher (see all)
- 11 Great Events To Enjoy This Spring In Charlottesville, Virginia! - March 15, 2018
- 14 International & Specialty Markets In Charlottesville, Virginia! - March 15, 2018
- 13 General Contractors Servicing Charlottesville, Virginia! - March 15, 2018