1. At Citizen Bowl Shop, you will find fast and healthy lunches influenced by Tex-Mex, Asian and Mediterranean cuisine. There are bowls that are green-based, grain-based and include vegetarian, vegan and paleo-friendly options.
2. You can enjoy the food at Citizen Bowl Shop outside on the patio, inside the restaurant or call ahead and order takeout! Citizen Bowl Shop is able to accommodate large orders over the phone for your next big office party!
3. The Citizen Bowl features brown rice, Virginia chicken, black beans, charred corn, charred tomato, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, avocado, sour cream, white cheddar, Valentina hot sauce and a squeeze of lime!
4. The Fall Harvest features quinoa, power greens (a custom blend of 9 lettuces and shaved veggies!), beets, sweet potato, toasted pumpkin seeds, apple, chevre and house made balsamic dressing!
5. The Goddess has kohlrabi noodles, power greens, feta, pickled red onion, basil, kalamata olives, red cabbage and chickpeas. It’s topped with a wonderfully herbaceous goddess dressing!
6. The Green Party comes with power greens, craisins, red onion, red cabbage, chickpeas, white cheddar, sunflower seeds, apple, oranges and house made pesto dressing!
7. The E.T.B. is an improved Caesar Salad that features power greens, Virginia chicken, pickled red onion, sliced egg, charred tomato, sriracha, shaved and crisped parmesan and is tossed with a house made dressing!
8. The #Umami has brown rice, power greens, local mushrooms, toasted sesame seed, jalapeno, cilantro, edamame, arctic char and cilantro lime dressing!
9. The Spicy Thai features quinoa, roasted tofu, red cabbage, carrot, basil, red chilis, green onion and Thai chili sauce!
10. The Crossfit is paleo-friendly with its combination of power greens, Virginia chicken, sweet potato, charred tomato, pickled red onion, sunflower seeds, oranges, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar!
11. Enjoy Free WiFi at Citizen Bowl Shop. It’s a perfect spot for a work lunch!
12. Citizen Bowl Shop features a great drink selection, including craft beer, a robust wine list and six packs of beer to go! They also have non-alcoholic drinks like Capri Sun, La Croix, Vita Coco, Snowing In Space, Gatorade, sodas and other premium beverages.
13. Citizen Bowl Shop also has brownies. They’re Gluten Free, moist and delicious! Stay tuned for Citizen Bowl Shop’s upcoming Rewards Program!!!
14. Executive Chef John Fleshman was born and raised in Central Virginia, in Louisa County. He’s proud to call Central Virginia his home. Chef John’s goal at Citizen Bowl Shop is to provide fast and healthy cuisine at affordable prices. His recommendation is the “Fall Harvest Bowl,” which is sweet and savory!
15. Citizen Bowl Shop is located in Penny Heart’s fantastic Downtown Mall event space! Just look for the Penny Heart sign or the Citizen Bowl Shop A-frame.
If you liked this post, you may also like 15 Reasons To Try Iron Paffles & Coffee In Charlottesville! and 13 Must Try Pasta Dishes In Charlottesville!
At Scoutology, we scout your city so you don’t have to. You’re going to love the Scoutology Network.