1. Cheese Fondue, The Melting Pot
Any cheese fan would jump at the chance to have a whole pot of melted cheese! The Melting Pot offers you this opportunity!
2. Wisconsin White Cheddar Cheese Curds, South Street Brewery
Wisconsin white cheddar cheese curds come lightly breaded and beer battered. They are served with spicy sriracha ranch dipping sauce. This is one of my favorite appetizers in Charlottesville!
3. Stumble Down Mac ‘N Cheese, The Virginian Restaurant
The Virginian’s mac and cheese is made with pepper jack and a potato pancake. Owner Andy McClure knows cheese like Michael Jordan knows Nikes!
4. Pizza, Lampo
Lampo has the best pizza in town and is totally worth the wait it takes to get seated! The pizza sheers are an especially fun way to cut the pizza into the just the right size slices!
5. Brisket & Cheese Sandwich, Smoked Kitchen & Tap
Smoked Kitchen And Tap’s brisket and cheese sandwich is a Top 5 sandwich in Central Virginia. Yes, it’s that good. We also suggest the following sides: Mac & Cheese and the Baked Beans With Sausage. The Pulled Pork Platter is also a strong order. If you enjoy Cornbread, try Smoked’s rendition. The Cornbread is super sweet and almost “cake like.” It’s damn good!
6. Any Pizza, Dr. Ho’s Humble Pie
7. Cheesy Tots, Boylan Heights
Owner JR Hadley is a cheese wizard. Seriously, this dude is the cheese version of Gandalf The Grey!
8. Cheesy Bread, The College Inn
College Inn owner Stu Rifkin loves cheese soooo much! You wanna know how much? This guy actually bleeds milk!
9. Cheese Steak, Fabio’s NY Pizza
The Fabio’s Cheese Steak comes with a choice of toppings that includes lettuce, tomato, mayo, peppers, onions and mushrooms. Add bacon for just a little more. When you pull this cheese steak apart, the melted cheese will pull with it!! I love that!
10. Grilled Cheese #6, Citizen Burger Bar
GRILLED CHEESE #6 is made with Mountainview Gouda, Tillamook cheddar, apple, thyme, truffle oil, local wheat and a side of house ranch. I love this sandwich so much, I would bathe and sleep with it!
11. The Rigatoni Al Forno, Bella’s Restaurant
The Rigatoni al Forno features rigatoni masterfully blended with Bella’s Restaurant’s pomodoro sauce, ground veal, ground beef, Italian sausage, shredded mozzarella and Pecorino Romano and then baked to perfection!!! Owner Douglas Muir is a cheese genius!
12. Lasagna Bolognese, Travinia Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar
13. Shrimp Quesadilla with Cheese, Guadalajara
14. Pimento Fritters, Maya Restaurant
Maya Restaurant’s pimento fritters are served with sour cream and chives as well as pepper jelly. I’ve once seen Christian Kelly, the co-owner and executive chef at Maya Restaurant, juggle 62 pimento cheese fritters at one time!
If you liked this post, you may also like 11 Places For French Food In CVille! and 11 Awesome Places For Mediterranean Food In CVille!
Jerry Miller, Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, Publisher (see all)
- I Love CVille And VMV Brands Have Raised More Than $113,000 For Charlottesville And Central Virginia Non-Profits! - February 16, 2018
- 16 Power Black Business Owners And Executives In Charlottesville, Virginia! - February 15, 2018
- 14 Bed & Breakfasts Where You Can Get Away In Charlottesville, VA! - February 14, 2018